Tuesday, January 02, 2018

back to it.

I woke up in the night thinking of my next steps in building Bevins Skiffs. Today I'll make the skegs that fit at the underside of the boats. These parts give the boats some directional stability as they are rowed, helping them to go in a straight line. After skegs, I'll work on the fore decks and quarter knees. Seats and oarlocks will be added after painting.

During the holiday break I made boxes for the University of Arkansas and wrote a sample chapter about making a child's tool box.

The beginning of the new year is a time for planning. And with the help of friends, 2018 will be a good year.

Every child should have a tool box. It gives a place to keep tools of his or her own, and conveys a sense of power within the universe.

Make, fix, and create. Assist others in learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment